Maca Cacao Buckwheat Pancakes [Gluten Free]



Here is this week's Pancake Sunday Stack!! I made gluten free Maca Cacao Buckwheat pancakes, and they were fluffy, moist and filled with raw chocolatey goodness!!  I stacked mine with banana and topped them with blueberries, dried mulberries and lots of tahini! These would taste great with peanut butter too!

Serves 1 - Makes 4 pancakes


You will need:

  • 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tbsp cacao powder
  • 1/2 tsp maca powder
  • 1/4 cup milk of choice
  • 2 tbsp carton egg whites 
    • for vegan, replace with 1 tbsp non-dairy milk and one flax egg
  • 1 tsp maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
  • 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
    • for vegan, replace with 2 tbsp mashed banana or applesauce


Directions:

Preheat a pan over medium high heat.

In a bowl, place the buckwheat flour, baking powder, cacao powder and maca powder. Whisk until combined.

In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients (milk, egg whites, maple syrup and yogurt) and whisk until combined.

Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet, making sure you don't over-mix. If the final batter still seems too dry, add a bit more milk until a thick but pourable texture is achieved. 

Melt a little coconut oil on the pan, and turn the heat down to medium low. Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto your pan and flatten with the back of a spoon to form a round pancake. Wait about 30 seconds to a minute until bubbles start to form on top, then flip and cook until both sides are nicely browned. Repeat with the rest of the batter, stack up tall on a plate and dig in!

Enjoy! :)

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, all of a sudden I'm craving some midnight pancakes! Unfortunately, I'm headed off to bed. But, I'll have to try these soon. I found your blog through Casey today, and I can't wait to keep following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely LOVE this pancakes! I just bought my first pack of maca powder and I can't wait to try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so excited for you to try them!!! cacao + maca is one of my favorite flavor combos :)

      Delete

Post a Comment