BuckNola [Vegan, Oat Free, Gluten Free, Oil Free, Refined Sugar Free]


About a month ago I was browsing Instagram for some recipe inspiration and I discovered several of my favorite blogs making "RawNola" - basically raw granola using only a few healthy ingredients! It sounded so delicious and easy, but since I have a very sensitive form of Celiac Disease and cannot tolerate even gluten free oats, I couldn't make this nutritious treat. However, an idea popped into my head last week for an oat-free version, so I had to try it...and my experiment turned out amazing!! This version of RawNola is nutty and sweet with a chewy texture and slight crunch, making it a perfect topping for Nice Cream, porridge, pancakes, smoothies, yoghurt, or anything else you want!



Makes about 2.5 cups

You will need:
  • 1 cup Buckwheat Flake Cereal (I use Bob's Red Mill Creamy Buckwheat)
    • alternatively, pulse whole raw buckwheat is your food processor a few times until it breaks down slightly, but not so much that it becomes flour
  • 1 cup soaked, pitted dates
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut

Directions:
  • Preheat your oven to 350F (180C)
  • Place your dates in warm water for 15 minutes until softened.
  • Spread your buckwheat evenly on a large baking tray and toast in the oven for about 7-8 minutes until it has browned slightly.
    • Stir the buckwheat with a wooden spoon every so often so it doesn't burn
  • Place the dates, buckwheat, and coconut into your food processor and blend until the dates break apart and the granola sticks together in clumps
  • Scoop into a container for easy storage.
  • Best kept in the fridge, and you can freeze for longer life.

Enjoy! :)


Comments

  1. So glad you shared this recipe! My celiac self can't have oats either, so buckwheat groats and flakes are a favorite in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! Such a great oat free version!! I love this! And that smoothie bowl looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing!
    xoxo Cailee!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment