2-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake for One


Healthy chocolate cake..... in under 5 minutes?! Welcome to the wonderful world of mug cakes. I stumbled across a recipe for something similar to this on one of my favorite blogs, and I've made a few modifications to the ingredients to make it 100% grain and gluten free. I've attempted mug cakes in the past, but usually they turn out dry. I think I have finally found the solution - just a bit of melted coconut oil! This cake is full of healthy fats and antioxidants to help keep your heart and brain working like they should, and it's totally guilt free!


*****An UPDATED version can be found HERE*****


Serves 1

You will need:

  • 2 tbsp Coconut flour
  • 1 tbsp raw cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp melted coconut oil
  • 3 tbsp egg whites
  • 1/4 cup milk of choice
  • 1 tsp sweetener of choice (coconut sugar, stevia, honey, etc)

Directions:

In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, cacao powder, and baking powder until incorporated. Add the milk to the dry ingredients, and mix until the clumps are gone and the flour has absorbed the liquid. Add the coconut oil to the egg whites, then pour that into the batter. Mix until thoroughly combined. 

Spray a microwave-safe mug with non-stick cooking spray and pour in your batter. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Let the mug cake cool for about a minute, then top with anything you want! 

Be sure not to burn your hands on the mug, as it gets pretty hot. You can also remove this cake from the mug entirely and eat it from a plate, like I did!

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. What could be a substitute for the coconut flour? Could I use chickpea flour or buckwheat flour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would try buckwheat flour first, and maybe try cutting the liquid amounts in half because coconut flour is very absorbent. So try 1 tbsp egg whites and 2 tbsp milk of choice, and see how that works! Let me know, good luck! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment