Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes [Gluten + Grain Free]


If you're like me, and have a large obsession with anything Mint-Chocolate flavored.... these pancakes will blow your mind! Rich and chocolatey with a subtle hint of cool mint, these will curb your cravings for that sugar-laden ice cream in a snap! They're loaded with fiber, protein, healthy fats and carbs to keep you full and satisfied all morning! A great weekend treat for the family, too!

In other news, I have recently updated the look, layout and pages of my blog! Recipes are now easier to locate, and are separated into categories. I have also added a few pages, My Story, My Transformation, and how to Join my Team for FREE fitness coaching to reach YOUR goals with exercise, nutrition, and overall health.

I hope you join with me and become your happiest, strongest, BEST self! :)



Serves 1


You will need:

  • 3 tbsp coconut flour
  • 1 tbsp cacao powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp carton egg whites
  • 1/8 cup plain kefir (or other milk of choice)
  • 1/4 tsp mint extract
  • sweetener of choice, to taste
    • I used a few drops of liquid stevia
  • 1/2 tbsp cacao nibs

Directions:
  • Preheat a pan over medium-high heat and melt coconut oil.
  • Sift the coconut flour, cacao powder, and baking soda into a mixing bowl, and whisk until combined.
  • In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, egg whites, kefir, mint extract and sweetener.
  • Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk well until the batter is completely smooth and no clumps remain.
  • Stir in the cacao nibs.
  • Turn down the heat to medium-low, and pour a heaping 2 tbsp of the batter into the pan, spreading it out into a circular shape. I can usually fit 2 pancakes at a time.
  • Let cook until the top bubbles, then flip and cook until both sides are nicely browned.
  • Repeat until the batter is gone!

ENJOY! :)


Nutrition Information for basic recipe:
  • Calories: ~280 kcal
  • Carbs: 19g (9g net)
    • Fiber: 10g
  • Protein: 22g
  • Fat: 12g

Comments

  1. Fabulous recipe with awesome macros! I love anything mint chocolate chip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg these look absolutely scrumptious!! yumyy

    https://aspoonfulofnature.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment