Minty Chocolate Chip Cookie Mousse [Gluten + Grain Free, Vegan]



So, if you couldn't tell from my Instagram account, I've been on a major tofu mousse kick lately. I just LOVE it - tofu is so incredibly versatile! There are so many different flavor combination possibilities! I love how filling the mousse is, and while it may taste like dessert, you can eat it for breakfast any day without having to feel guilty.

This recipe is for all my mint-chocoholics out there, loaded with plant-based protein, fats and fiber that will keep you full for hours! It's gluten free, grain free, vegan and DELICIOUS!



Serves 1
Gluten free, Grain free, Dairy Free, Sugar free, optional Nut free


You will need:

  • about 7 ounces lite firm tofu 
    • or regular firm tofu + 1 tbsp milk of choice
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1/2 - 1 tsp Organic Burst Chlorella powder
  • 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
  • sweetener of choice, to taste 
    • I used 7-8 drops liquid stevia
  • chopped dark chocolate chunks
  • chopped walnuts

Directions:
  • Place all ingredients except the chocolate chunks and walnuts in your food processor and process until combined and completely smooth.
  • You will need to scrape down the sides a few times to ensure everything is incorporated.
  • Scoop into a bowl, and top with the chocolate and walnuts! 
  • I also added my healthy raw chocolate sauce, stuck the bowl in the freezer for about 5 minutes to let sauce harden into a "Magic Shell"!
Enjoy! :)

Comments

  1. Hi there! I would love to try this recipe. Can silky tofu work too? thanks xxx <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!! I don't think silken tofu would work well for this recipe, it would turn out more like a thick smoothie rather than a fluffy mousse. I would definitely use firm tofu instead, and you can add a little milk to smooth it out if you want! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment