Maca Pumpkin Spice Waffle [Gluten + Grain Free]



Pumpkin spice is one of my absolute favorite ingredients to add to pancakes, waffles, porridge, smoothies during the cold winter months! The addition of Organic Burst Maca powder adds a natural energy boost and delicious caramelly flavor. This maca pumpkin waffle turned out thick and fluffy, full of deliciously sweet pumpkin flavor. They are high in protein, healthy fats and fiber from eggs and coconut flour. They are diary free, gluten free, grain free and paleo friendly!

Serves 1
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Vegetarian, Paleo


You will need:

  • 2 tbsp coconut flour (my favorite is Bob's Red Mill)
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/8 tsp baking powder
  • 1-2 tsp maca powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbsp egg whites
  • 1/2 tbsp coconut milk (or milk of choice)
  • sweetener of choice, to taste
  • coconut oil for greasing the waffle iron

Directions:
  • Grease your waffle iron with coconut oil and preheat it.
  • Sift all dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk until combined.
  • In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites and milk.
  • Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and whisk for a couple minutes until the coconut flour absorbs the liquid and the batter is smooth. No clumps should remain.
  • Pour the batter into your waffle maker (I used an 8-inch Belgian waffle iron)
  • Let these cook until the timer or light indicator goes off. I actually let mine cook a minute longer, I find the consistency is much better the longer they cook.
  • Remove from the waffle iron and top with whatever your heart desires

Enjoy! :)

Comments

  1. I'm hooked on pancakes so am really keen to try waffles, would you recommend any particular waffle iron? Thanks :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah, I just bought an 8-inch Oster Belgian waffle maker and I love it! :) Aren't waffles the best?!

      Delete
  2. should I cut down on the amount of liquid or egg whites I use if I don't use maca powder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, omitting a teaspoon of maca shouldn't affect the amount of liquid you need! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment