Raspberry Baobab Protein Frosting


If you're like my dad, cake is only good when it has LOTS of frosting on it! However, if you don't have my dad's metabolism, too much frosting can take a toll on your waistline. That's why I created this delicious Raspberry Baobab "frosting" that's loaded with healthy fats, lots of protein, and you don't have to feel guilty for eating it! I topped my "Single Lady" Chocolate Mug Cake with this frosting and it was outstanding! Truly felt like I was eating a slice of chocolate cake, with absolutely zero guilt involved.



Serves 1 - Gluten free, Nut free, Dairy free, Vegan, Vegetarian


You will need:

  • 1/3 container (~ 4.5 ounces) soft tofu 
  • 1/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
  • 1 tbsp non-dairy milk of choice
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (about 30g)
  • 1 tsp sweetener of choice (stevia, coconut sugar, etc)
  • 1/4 tsp psyllium husks (optional, but helps keep the texture more airy)
  • 1 tsp baobab powder

Directions:

Break apart the tofu and place it in your food processor with all other ingredients except the protein powder. Process until smooth - you may have to scrape down the sides a few times. Once smooth, add the protein powder last and process until combined.

To make a simple "frosting bag," I cut off a small corner of a small zip-lock bag and spooned the frosting into it, then squeezed the frosting to the corner so it came out smooth.

This tasted great on my Single Lady Chocolate Mug Cake!!

Enjoy!

Comments