Sweet Chocolate Omelette


This is another delicious version of The Holistic Ingredient's "Sweet Omelette". I've decided chocolate can go with anything.... even eggs!!!



Makes 1 omelette

You will need:

  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp cacao or cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • sweetener of choice
  • coconut oil for pan

Directions:

Heat a small skillet over medium heat. If time allows, beat eggs in a blender or food processor for about 30 seconds until they are frothy. Combine remaining ingredients (besides coconut oil) and beat until well combined. 

Melt the coconut oil in the hot pan and pour in your egg mixture. Allow to cook until the edges are slightly hardened, then tilt your pan and let the juices drain below the edges until the omelette is cooked evenly. Transfer to a plate and fill with whatever your heart desires! Peanut butter is a must for this recipe ;)

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. I am so making this - filled with peanut butter and sliced banana! Is there a reason you use coconut oil to coat the pan? Does olive oil or non-stick spray have gluten or allergens?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHH that sounds amazing and perfect!

      I use coconut oil instead of olive oil when cooking because olive oil isn't as heat stable, meaning, when it's heated, it loses part of it's chemical structure and therefore it's nutrient value. Coconut oil can withstand higher temps without losing it's nutrients. You can definitely use olive oil or a non-stick cooking spray if that's all you have, there is not issue with gluten in those products. I just prefer olive oil as a cold dressing and coconut oil with cooking :)

      Delete
  2. can i add 1/4-1/2 a mashed banana to the batter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely! you might not even need the sweetener in that case :)

      Delete
  3. I just made a chocolate and peanut butter omelette as was looking for something sweet to eat but as a T1 Diabetic I didn't want to sky rocket my sugars with heavy starches. I then went on google to make sure I wasn't the only one experimenting in the kitchen with sweet omelettes :) I found your recipe and now I know I'm not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made a chocolate and peanut butter omelette as was looking for something sweet to eat but as a T1 Diabetic I didn't want to sky rocket my sugars with heavy starches. I then went on google to make sure I wasn't the only one experimenting in the kitchen with sweet omelettes :) I found your recipe and now I know I'm not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment