Gluten Free Peanut Butter Pumpkin Pancakes


I truly outdid myself this morning.

I ran out of my buckwheat flakes for my usual porridge, and I realized that I never had my Sunday morning pancakes this past weekend because I worked early. I was craving dessert (like usual) so I whipped up these peanut butter pumpkin pancakes! They are packed with a balance of healthy carbs, protein and fats from a mixture of whole grain buckwheat, peanut, and coconut flours. You even get a serving of vegetables hiding in there from the pumpkin puree! Topped with tangy Greek yogurt, sweet peanut sauce and healthy raw chocolate sauce, you'll have a hard time keeping these on your plate for longer than 5 minutes!

Serves 1 - Makes about 6 thick, sand-dollar sized pancakes

For the pancakes, you will need:

For peanut sauce, simply whisk enough water with peanut butter until it is pourable.

For healthy raw chocolate sauce, mix 1 tbsp raw cacao powder with 1 tbsp water and sweetener of choice (I used a packet of Stevia) until smooth.


Directions:

Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt enough coconut oil to coat the bottom.

In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine flours, baking powder and cinnamon and whisk to combine, breaking up big lumps.

In a small bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy. To the egg whites, add Greek yogurt, water (or milk), vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree. Stir well until combined.

Add the wet ingredient to the dry ingredients and stir until the flour is incorporated. For 6 small pancakes, spoon a heaping 2 tablespoons of the batter onto the pan and flatten with a spoon. (Use a heaping 1/4 cup of batter to make 3 larger pancakes). Cook for about 4-5 minutes, then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes. Repeat with the rest of the batter, stack them up tall on a plate, and spoon on Greek yogurt. Drizzle the peanut and chocolate sauces over the top and sprinkle on a some cacao nibs.

Try not to eat them all at the counter, if you can (it's hard). Enjoy!!!

Comments

  1. Thanks for giving recipe. It's looking so yummy. I will try this gluten free peanut butter pumpkin pancakes recipe on this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment