Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes



Sunday mornings are absolutely the best part of my week because pancakes. Pancakes forever and ever and ever. I mean, look at those beauties! Today's experimenting definitely paid off, these pancakes were easily the most successful batch I've ever made, and were so unbelievably delicious that I had to use two pictures. The garbanzo bean and coconut flour mixture gave them and incredible cake-like texture, and layered greek yogurt and strawberries between the pancakes. This breakfast is packed with protein from the garbanzo bean flour and greek yogurt, and will keep you full for hours!



Serves 1 - makes 4 DVD sized pancakes

For the pancakes, you will need:

For the shortcake filling, you will need:

Directions:

Put all pancake ingredients in a bowl and mix well until combined. Let the batter sit for about 15-20 minutes, I find that the longer the batter sits the better the pancakes come out. While you wait, prepare your shortcake filling my mixing the Greek Yogurt with the peanut flour (or peanut butter) and set aside. Slice your strawberries as well. Check the consistency of your batter, if it seems too watery, add a tiny bit more xanthan gum. 

Warm a pan over medium heat, and grease with a little coconut oil. Scoop about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan, wait until bubbles start forming on the top, then flip until both sides are golden brown. Spoon a dollop of your shortcake filling onto the top of your pancake and add a few strawberry slices. Repeat until your batter and filling are gone!

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. I am really looking forward to trying out this recipe, but could I use buckwheat flour? And if I can, how much buckwheat flour shall I use to substitute? I don't have any coconut flour and cannot seem to find it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you could probably use 1/2 cup buckwheat flour for this, but try decreasing the water to 1/4 cup. if you have garbanzo bean flour, you can omit the coconut flour and just decrease the water slightly with the same results! using buckwheat flour will give these a different flavor and texture (not quite as sweet and fluffy-cake-like) since buckwheat is earthy, nutty and slightly dense. however they will still taste amazing! (i highly suggest layering the strawberries between the pancakes - they get so warm and the strawberry juices are absorbed by the pancakes for an AWESOME strawberry flavor!) Hope you enjoy them! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! I'm really looking forward to trying these babies tomorrow for breakie! Also, I will try to remember to place the strawberries in between the pancakes because that sounds so amazing. I am currently up really late at night craving these sweet pancakes,….xoxo

      Delete
  2. I mean garbanzo bean flour, excuse me! xox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment