Mocha Nut Fudge Tofu Mousse [Gluten Free + Vegan]


Do you love coffee and chocolate? How about those delicious, buttery walnuts? If so, I have a nutrient dense, hearty-healthy, protein-packed breakfast or snack for you!! This is gluten free, dairy free and vegan!


Serves 1


You will need:

  • about 7 ounces (1/2 package) firm or lite firm tofu
  • 1/2 tsp instant coffee grounds
  • 1-2 tsp raw cacao powder
  • sweetener of choice, to taste (I used 2 stevia packets)
  • handful of walnuts
  • chopped dark chocolate (I used 2 squares)

Directions:
  • Break apart the tofu and add it to your food processor.
  • Add the coffee grounds, cacao powder and sweetener, then process.
  • Scrape down the sides a couple times to incorporate all the ingredients.
  • Continue to process until the tofu is completely smooth, about 1 minute.
  • Place the tofu in a bowl and stir in half of the chopped walnuts and half of the chopped chocolate.
  • I topped mine with the remaining walnuts and chocolate!


Enjoy! :)

Comments

  1. Can I also use silken tofu? Bought that today because I tought you used that hihi.. Never tried tofu before :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you could try it with silken but it might turn out more watery than fluffy :)

      Delete
  2. I don't have a food processor only blender could I use this for the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it might not work in a blender if you use firm tofu, but it might be easier to blend with silken! if you only have firm, you could try adding more milk to help it blend :)

      Delete

Post a Comment