Apple Cinnamon Raisin Baked Buckwheat Porridge [Gluten Free + Vegan]



Here is another version of my baked buckwheat porridge!! For you banana haters (boo), this recipe doesn't use bananas at all, except for the slices I put on top for decoration! It's still crispy on the outside while being moist and gooey on the inside. This is a delicious and warming gluten free and vegan breakfast that your could easily double or triple to feed the family!


Serves 1

You will need:

  • 1/3 cup raw buckwheat groats (soaked overnight and rinsed)
  • just under 1/3 cup milk of choice
  • 1 tbsp natural applesauce
  • 1 tbsp apple butter (can omit, but adds the perfect apple flavor)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp chia seeds
  • 1 tbsp raisins (+ more for topping)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
  • 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder

Directions:


I always soak my buckwheat groats overnight in order to provide my body the best and easiest assimilation of nutrients possible. To do this, I place the buckwheat in a bowl and cover it with about 1-2 inches of water, and let it sit overnight. In the morning, the water will look slimy, and you will need to rinse the buckwheat in a strainer VERY well for about one or two minutes. 

Preheat your oven to 375F. Once the buckwheat is drained and rinsed, add it to your food processor and pulse a few times to break up the groats.

In a bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until well combined. Let this sit for a few minutes so the chia can soak up some liquid and the porridge becomes thick.

Lightly grease a small baking dish and pour in the porridge mixture. Top with more raisins and a dash of cinnamon (plus anything else you want). Place in your oven for 20-25 minutes. Mine was done around 22 minutes.

Remove from your oven, let it cool slightly and dig in!!

Enjoy! :)

Comments

  1. This looks absolutely delicious! I haven't commented on your blog before, but I wanted to say how much I love it! I'm a fellow blogger (also called Casey - imagine that) and I love your recipes! I actually just tagged you in the "Blog Your Heart Out" chain letter and would love you to participate!

    http://caseythecollegeceliac.blogspot.com/2014/05/bloggin-my-heart-out.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Casey (awesome name ;) ) I will definitely check it out, thank you so much!!! :)

      Delete
  2. I just love the baked ones! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment